Home / Guidelines
2017 Junior Boys Trials Guidelines
- All trialists are required to Pre-Register. This can be done here.
- Trials will be held over a 2 day period and include Skill based drills and Game play. Players are expected to bring a ball.
- Players and parents are to meet at the clubrooms at least 30 minutes prior to trials start for registration and an explanation of the trials process.
- Players will trial in their age group unless approved in advance by the Technical Director(s).
- Goalkeepers will participate in the main player trials and separate goalkeeper trials as required.
- Final player selections will be made by Technical Director(s) in consultation with coaches.
- All players completing the trials will be contacted by email/SMS at the completion of trials (both successful and unsuccessful).
- A total squad will be selected at the completion of the trials for each age group. In the case of age groups where there are JPL and JSL teams, a combined total squad will be selected.
- The total squad will train as a group in the pre-season.
- Preliminary JPL and JSL teams for the season will be selected during the pre-season based on performance and team balance.
- Player movement is expected between JSL and JPL teams throughout the 2017 season based on performance and team balance.
- Payment in full is required on the last day of trials to secure selection